Disclaimer: I received free entry to A1A Half marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
So last year I had a bit of bad luck and was unable to run this race but this year I am crossing my fingers that no bad luck will get in the way.
Here are some reasons why I think YOU should run this race:
1. Location: Fort Lauderdale Beach, starting in Downtown Fort Lauderdale and then running straight to the beach front. I have done other Fort Lauderdale half marathons that weave and wiggle through a bunch of Fort Lauderdale neighborhoods but this one is great because it skips all those turns and goes straight to the beach. This is a pretty beach and you get to run beside it along A1A plus as an added bonus you get to run around Hugh Taylor Birch State Park also! What better way to hang out after a race than at a beer tent on the beach with a cool medal around your neck?
2. Weather: usually it is nice around Valentine’s Day, in the past few years (excluding last year) the weather has been cool, as in 40-60s. I just checked the weather app and it looks like it will be in the high 50s-low 60s for race morning.
3. Race Expo: This is a good one, comparable even to Miami Marathon’s expo. This one is sponsored by Publix so you know people are going to like this one. I went last year and had a really good time, even my toddler adored it and she didn’t even talk much then. No doubt it will be good with lots of good foods/drinks/things to try out and cool gear to buy before the race.
4. The Medal: last but not least this is not the reason why most runners run races, or maybe I am wrong, maybe a lot of us secretly run races to get these cool ass medals. Who doesn’t like bringing their race medals to work on Mondays to show their coworkers, who are secretly jealous because they don’t run races too? These are always pretty unique medals and every year they choose a different ocean animal. This year’s medal is really spectacular looking, it’s a jelly fish and has long dangling tentacles.
5. I will be there: In case you want to meet a real bib rave pro and ask me questions about bibrave and how you can review and check out reviews for other local/national races. JK, I know you will choose reasons 1-4 on why to sign up for this race, but maybe you will see me on the course, rocking my BibRave orange tank and give me a little shout out, I will wave 🙂
Ready to sign up? Use the code below and save $$$ ! A1A Marathon and Half will take you directly to registration. Check out the official page for more details. Hurry, online registration closes on 2/10 and the code “BIBRAVE” gets you 15% off both distances! If you are just not a distance runner/walker you also have a chance to run/walk the 5k on Saturday morning.